Saturday, January 15, 2011

Operation Cloth Diaper is ON

There... I said it...and I may or may not have run for cover after I hit publish for this post :)

I was the first one to bring this idea up to J. I had done some tentative research, spoken to some awesome moms about it who totally helped me out and stopped by a lil message board for some extra advice.

And then (this is months ago by the way, like before we even got pregnant)... I went in for the kill...and J, being the Earth friendly man that he is, was ALL FOR IT! ::phew::

sidebar: so was my Mom who I learned cloth diapered my brother and I ! I think that my Dad is on the fence and I'm sure that others think we are out of our minds.

We aren't sure if we will be able to do it full time due to some daycare issues (that's on the list, the weeks are flying by I swear!) but we will take what we can get and be thankful for it!

I researched some more, emailed my mom buddies for more advice as far as brands and number of x kind of diapers and I've found juuust what we want!

And fortunately, diapers.com has some GREAT cloth diapering accessories (um, including the dipes themselves!) in addition to a slew of other baby things that we have been eying, and lo and behold, you can REGISTER there! So yeah, that will be completed by the end of this weekend (that's the goal - in addition to a Babies R Us run to register there for a bricks n' mortar store).

Will update later with the exact brands and numbers we're going with since I"m on my lunch break right now (gyah! it goes so fast!).

And of course feedback on what you liked, didn't like, how you are cringing in horror as you read this, or smiling in delight at our choice to do what we think will work best for us and is good for the earth to boot, is always welcome! Wait, did I just welcome "bad" comments! Oh well, to each their own right! We are happy in our decision and SUPER excited to get this party started!

Operation Cloth Diaper, with your fearless leader and momma-to-be: ME
And her ever supportive sidekick and other half of the baby-train, the Papa: J

Bring it on!

Oh and Dad, LC will look TOO CUTE in his tye-dye tank top and Thirsties cloth diaper cover to match you know : )

No comments:

Post a Comment