Babies R Us has like 30 gliders, all positioned in a nice semi-circle around the registry desk in the back of the store. One would think that it would be easy to find a glider, right .... wrong. I sit in each and every glider, rock for a while, or know right away that either it's a)too deep b)too cushy c)too hard or d)I just don't like it. Until...I sit in the Dutailier glider and ottoman combo...and it feels FABULOUS! Just enough room on the sides, not too cushy sitting back, and cushy enough to probably get a good nap in when you glide along! And it reclines, and has an ottoman that glides too, and a pull out nursing footstool!


Amazing right ... wrong. Naturally (as with, what I have learned is about 100% of baby stuff), you can customize -- the wood finish and the fabric cover you want on the glider....
for $700!! SEVEN HUNDRED DOLLARS!!!
Yes, $700 FOR ONE CHAIR!
Is it just me, or is this slightly ridiculous!? Oh, and in order to get it customized, it will take 3 MONTHS to come in! That's longer than our entire nursery furniture set! Not to mention the cost is almost half of THE ENTIRE nursery furniture set!
Needless to say I am going back to the drawing board for this one. Because I am NOT about to spend $700 ON A CHAIR!
Have you checked Craiglist or eBay for the glider? Maybe someone out there has it for sale and you can get it at a more reasonable price.
ReplyDelete