Sunday, January 30, 2011

23 weeks!

23 weeks - another week has gone by - uneventfully, thank goodness!
Well, aside from the fact that I was down n' out on Tuesday, and a big lagging and tired Weds and then again on Friday - we're back in tip top shape *knock on wood* for Sunday's 23 week birthday of LC's gestation :) Phew!


How far along? 23 weeks! And folks, I'm starting to feel 'big' - not complainin' just sayin'
Total weight gain/loss: according to our scale, still no change from when we went to the dr the other week
Maternity clothes? yes and I'm beginning to rethink sneakers and sports bras as a daily addition to my wardrobe (more on this later)
Stretch marks? Nope, and boy do I love how that tummy butter smells and feels on my skin! Glad my Mom got me another pot of it for Christmas because it will be used - trust me :)
Sleep: Wake up at least once a night to pee, and basic tossing and turning, and then there is the rare night like Wednesday, where I slept like a rock!
Best moment this week: Whenever J feels LC move - it's like the first time, everytime, classic :)
Movement: I didn't get the invitation to the party in the womb, but LC did, and he is crankin' it up in there daily! I love it :)
Food cravings: cheese - this will never end - mild cheddar specifically, but any will do (pasturized please)
Gender: Oh you all know, BOY! And everyday I count my blessings that he's happy n' healthy floating around in there and is learning about love and hears our voices and feels comforted and loved by them (I think he does)
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In but there is definetaly a slow morphing process going on (I can't bring myself to post a picture of my 'scary' as J says, bellybutton on the internet)
What I miss: Nothing really, but sometimes my energy drops and it doesn't take much and I'm like 'but wait, why I am exhausted after I just got up, did laundry, got ready, and went to lunch, and came back' - oh yeah, your gestating a baby, that's it :)
What I am looking forward to: Meeting this adorable little man ... but not yet ... not til he's good n' ready to meet us!
Weekly Wisdom: Keep checking things off the list - we can do this!
Milestones: I’m still pregnant

Sidenote: we read in the Pregnancy Week by Week book that the baby has saggy skin, which is slowly filling out as he grow n' get some more fat on his bones - as a homage to this stage, we will be reading "The Saggy Baggy Elephant" as a bedtime story tonight - genius I know :)

We hit up the used bookstore to turn in some of J's CDs and walked out with several Little Golden Books to add to LC's library - Saggy Baggy Elephant being one of them :) The Nutcracker being another YAY!

1 comment: