So last night J and I went to our second ice hockey game (of my life - he's been to several before), and as we were leaving the parking garage, like waiting in line to pay our parking fare, I felt something - not gas, not indigestion, not hunger pangs, not and other stomach gurglings, but our BABY! I sat there for a minute (well, really where was I going to go), and stared out the window. Adjusted a little and felt it again. And OMG, it literally felt like a little human in there squirming around! Like not like a gas bubble, or popcorn popping, or eyelashes, or butterflies like how my books describe, more like simple squirming of a baby. My literature says it feels different for everybody and you can start feeling it anywhere from 14 to 18 weeks with it being more constant around 20-26 weeks. I was one day shy of 15 weeks. Again, all depends on where your placenta is and your frame to begin with. I'm on the petite side and am thinking that may be helping me in all of this. And our baby must already know how neurotic his/her mother is that s/he gave a little thumbs up sign last night by wiggling a wee bit juuust enough for me to feel :)
So I sat there saying nothing and then I looked at J and said 'OMG I think I just felt movement!", he said "REALLY!" and put his hand on my belly :) We both got super excited that baby has shown him/herself to us as reassurance. This kid knows his/her parents already haha!
Best..feeling...ever! And I can't wait to feel it more and more and more!
Sunday, December 5, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment