Last night around 9:38pm I was cuddled up on the couch in my pjs and my new Old Navy red cozy socks (thanks Dad!) and the baby started moving. I'm pretty used to this since week 15, and the flutters (as they are called, but really have felt like movement to me), have been getting stronger (I blame the cheese), so I put my hand on my belly to see if I can feel them from the outside world. Surprise! I could! (This happened on Christmas day after dinner as well but it was just one big 'knock' feeling and I was sitting next to my cousin and almost grabbed his hand, but didn't want to freak him out.
At any rate, I was sitting there, J had gone to the other room and I screamed out 'come here! baby is moving, and I think you will be able to feel it!'. (I since think that I should be quieter when announcing this - sort of like how you can sneak up on a cat - to not startle the baby into being quiet). He kneels down on the floor next to the couch and I put his hand where I've been feeling the movements. He sits there for a minute, nothing yet....and then BAM....a BIG movement! He looks at me and says 'was that it! was that the baby!!!' I of course said yes! And he got all excited and started saying 'I felt the baby! I felt the baby!' and then 'Can I call and tell someone!!!' So he called his Mom (awww), who was VERY excited :) As the Grammy, it's no surprise :)
He tried again a couple more times to no avail, but that's okay! I'm sure between my cheese intake and the constant growth going on, that J will be feeling this baby more and more!
Oddly (or not, if you know me), this got me to thinking, omg, is this baby going to be a hoss!? Is it weird that s/he can be felt from the outside at 18w4d? Am I eating too much? Growing too fast? I'm a worrier, working on ceasing that a bit, in case ya didn't know ;)
But hey, I"m enjoying this ride so much, the worries always get quenched soon after they enter my head anyway because this baby never ceases to amaze me!
Can't believe that 2 weeks from today we find out if this lil active kicker is a boy or a girl! Wowee! Amazing, miraculous, and blessed is "our great adventure" :)
Thursday, December 30, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment