Hi Gang!
Shew, what a week we've had! Nothing extraordinary going on, but just, shew! It's been chilly outside (as in so cold we were told by our apt complex to start leaving all faucets on a constant drip to avoid freezing pipes - my fear - and the heat always on - who doesn't!), and work has been bustling with the holidays around the corner! And with our vacation home coming up, I've felt pressure to get a lot of things on my to-do list at work completed before the big break. Fortunately my co-workers have been awesome and I'm feeling pretty confident that I'll get everything done in time :) And my home to-do list has been nutty too! Christmas shopping, prepping, etc. All fun stuff, but just shew, been a lot! Will be glad to be sitting in the car w/ J soon, me, him and our baby on the open road with nothing but our jams and chatter :)
So it's Thankful Thursday again! Woohoo! Here we go:
1- Channel 433 on our cable box - in case you can't guess, it is all Christmas music all the time and I LOVE it! I put it on while I'm cleaning in the morning (this morning after I blog), while we eat dinner, and sometimes in the evenings when we're reading our mags.
2- My new fave thing (as of the past 2 nights), a mug of decaf coffee (I decided that hot cocoa and all that chocolate and sugar wasn't good for nighttime), my candy cane pajamas and striped slippers, and my magazine, reading curled up on the couch while J reads his mags on the floor (his preferred area for some reason), and the kitties lounge around with us :)
3- The lady at VZ wireless who seemed to have fixed my phone - it was running slow and the battery wasn't charging right and we took it in the other night expecting to spend the evening there when it only took about 30 minutes, she upgraded my software and deleted all my text messages and it ran like a dream. Hopefully it'll continue. I had fears of having to buy another new phone, and I didn't even see my EnV3 on display anymore, so who knows if they even make it anymore!
4- Speaking of phones - I'm thankful for our unlimited text and picture messaging plan. I"m able to keep up with my buddies (BFF J, A, Mom and Dad), and send them up to the minute belly pics and pics of the beautiful Christmas trees and decorations at work. And they are able to send me pics and texts back of their holiday cheer! Hopefully it makes them feel as good to receive as it does for me to send. It is the best I can do aside from calling and skyping, and blogging to keep everyone close :)
5- My brother, who made it to Singapore, on another great adventure of his own with the waves!
6- Honey nut cheerios -seriously, this has been my breakfast for the past couple of weeks - I've weaned myself from the toasted cheese, and the cheerios are probably healthier, plus I eat it w/ milk which is the only way I'll drink milk, and that's good for ya!
7- Office Holiday potluck lunches! I think I said this last week, but we had ours this past Tuesday and it was FANTASTIC! I even went to lunch at 12:20, about 40 minutes earlier than usual because I saw the spread and instantly became starving, so my co-worker said 'go ahead I'll go next' :) I made the cranberry compote that we made at Thanksgiving and it turned out great! I got several requests for the recipe and people told me how much they loved it! YAY! See, I can cook lol! Or at least follow a recipe :)
8- My parents, who are SO excited about their grandbaby :) They ask me all the time how s/he is doing and tell me about how they are dreaming of various gifts to shower him/her with - we are so fortunate to have family that are so welcoming and loving of this new little life growing inside! Couldn't ask for more! J and I tear up sometimes thinking about how happy this baby has made us (not that we weren't already, but it just takes it to another level), and how happy it has made our families. We can't wait til May to meet this little person and introduce him/her to the world and to the love of our families. J envisions holding the baby up, like Simba in the Lion King (he tells me), and announcing the name (another reason for keeping it a secret until birth, in addition to the fact that there has to be some element of surprise :) )
That's it for this week! This weekend we're going to hopefully finish up our Christmas shopping, see if J's parents can't come out for dinner or lunch one day to have a little gathering before the holidays, see The Nutcracker, and gear up! Shew! I'm beat, are you ;) Hope your holiday preparations are going well! Try not to stress! And keep your faucets on drip, it's chilly out there! And if you're like me, I fear that the pipes will freeze and I won't be able to get a shower before work, and there is NO way I can go to work unshowered! Eck! lol. Keep warm!
Happy Holidays!
Thursday, December 9, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Glad things are going so well for you!
ReplyDeleteCheck out my blog, I gave you a blog award =)