Sunday, December 12, 2010

The Nutcracker: A Life Outside The Womb Series Special

Wow! I've been waiting for this weekend for a LONG time! I didn't think I'd get through the work week even! Because on Saturday night, we went to see our local city ballet's performance of "The Nutcracker"! It is my most favorite ballet and seeing it at Christmas just makes the holiday that much more merry! That, and it was J's first time ever seeing a ballet! His thoughts: "I liked the music, not the dance so much, I didn't see how the dance conveyed the story" (even though he read the story at intermission). However, he didn't give it the kibosh, and we agreed we'd make it a family tradition so yay!
Personally, I had some beef with the choreography - could have done more in some dances, and the Russian number would have been fine with two dancers. But that's okay, I felt biased coming from the last time I saw it in NYC.
But it was a wonderful experience, we both enjoyed it, music and dance and yes, I teared up during the snow queen dance solo and pas de deux as well as the whole snow scene. My girl A danced that part when we were in high school and it triggered a lot of memories :)
And we got some dinner afterwards (salmon, asparagus and salad for me, since it was late), and J had salmon, baked sweet potato, green beans and a salad - at Outback which was right down the road from the theater. So a great date night!
We both giggled at the fact that when we do this next year we'll have to get a babysitter :) And then when the baby is old enough s/he will be joining us and getting dressed up in her party dress with her lil black pats and ruffle socks :) Or, in his little sports coat and collared shirt onsie like Daddy (well sans the onsie part) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment