Friday, December 17, 2010

16 week check up

Well, we made it to Thursday (yesterday), and 8:15am. Naturally I thought it would never come, and then a day or so before I started to get nervous. Worrying we wouldn't hear a heartbeat, that my blood pressure would be up, that I gained, or lost too much weight. And, our baby, and my body threw all of my worries in a big fat trash can yesterday :) And I am so proud! I swear our baby amazes me everyday, weather it be through the little wiggles, or his/her heartbeat on the dopplar. Yes, I said it, the SECOND the dr put the little dopplar mic on my belly, BAM, a little rhythmic whoosh, whoosh, whoosh came blaring out of the little speaker! At 145 beats per minute - nice and strong! Dr said right away "And there is baby!" and we all listened in silence (after J said "ooohhh!") for a minute before he calculated the bpm and was satisfied with the wee beating heart :)
As for me, my blood pressure was great! Totally normal. And for my weight, I have been totally off on my weekly surveys - I only gained .3 pounds (yes, point 3). So since this whole shebang started, I have gained a whopping 1.3 pounds, which (yes, I'm talking about my weight on the interwebs) I am okay with, and more importantly, our doctor is 100% okay with and not concerned in the least. I eat when I'm hungry, stop when I"m full, and drink lots of water (and an occassional caffeine free diet coke) and go on about my merry way.
And the best part (well the heartbeat was the best part), so the SECOND best part, was that we got to schedule our big anatomy / growth scan for 20 weeks - which puts us at January 13! Another lucky 13 for this Mommy! Maybe baby's lucky number will be 13 too - J said if s/he is born on 5/24/11 that would = 13 so hmmmm...I'll see what I can do, because, you know it is SO in my control ha!
So mark your calendars folks, January 13 at 12:30 (lunch!)we'll be going in for a big 45 minute scan, followed by a 20 week check up! Here's hoping for a happy, healthy, bouncing and wiggling little baby!!!

1 comment:

  1. Consider mine marked. I can hardly wait - and since everyone I know is having a boy in 2011, I'm guessing girl.

    :)

    ReplyDelete