Monday, December 13, 2010

Snow Day!

Welp, we got some snow last night down south here! And, just like in my hometown, the place goes into widespread panic with just a dusting. Northerners laugh at our craziness, and I'll be honest, sometimes I do too, because living in NYC for 6 years, this snow and ice here, would not hold a candle in NYC, all jobs would be open, all trains would be running (on schedule even I'll bet), and we'd be expected to be at work on time. And schools would be open. But we're not in NYC anymore, and here, it's a big deal,and as a result a lot of jobs close and people stay off the roads. So wow, a 4 day work week right before Christmas!
The wind chill is going to be in the single digits all day, and there is a winter weather advisory in effect until noon today. So while J is at work (making his way carefully), I'll be home with the kitties, and plan on staying here all day. I have my exercise video to do, and just relax and catch up on my mags, and lie quietly and feel our little baby wiggle :)
I could also clean again (although just did on Thursday), and start gathering things to pack (although I'll have to do the laundry again before we go since I have a limited wardrobe)....but for now, I'll curl up and have my cereal, watch some tv and just be :)

*pictures to come!

No comments:

Post a Comment