Friday, November 12, 2010

Smells, my whiffer is all kinds of off kilter!

Originally written October 9, 2010

October 9, 2010

Smells. They are EVERYWHERE. The whole world smells, inside, outside, it's EVERYWHERE! People at work with perfume strong enough to knock me over. Random smells in various rooms at work, and the lunchroom, oh forget it, I need to eat my lunch outside (assuming I can find a food to eat that doesn’t totally gross me out – lately this week it was fast food cheeseburgers, which I’ve not eaten in eons! Luckily that ended after one cheeseburger 3 days in a row). Anyway, it has gotten so bad that I can’t stand the smell of MY OWN bodywash / lotion / body spray combo.

Sidebar: I have like 5 different combinations of scents from Bath&Body Works in the closet that I rotate out depending on the season.

So this goes on for a few days and I can’t stand it anymore! I do research on the What To Expect website (also bought the book even though I have heard that it can scare some pregnant women), and they advise getting unscented or lightly scented toiletries. So hi, ho, J and I wander off to the Wal*Mart at 9pm on a Saturday evening (it was the last stop in a series of stops including Borders, Bed Bath & Beyond and Starbucks) to scour for unscented things. Naturally J has a plethora of coupons to assist us with our mission. Unfortunately, we end up finding equate brand and Lubriderm (cheap) brands and buying them. After sniffing 97459285 body washes and lotions, I finally go with the Equate brand of unscented / sensitive skin body wash. Aaahhh unscented!!! And we can’t forget the lotion…need to keep my skin soft and supple. After sniffing more lotions, I come across Lubriderm unscented/ fragrance free daily moisturizing lotion and go with it. Shew! Now I can shower and not gross myself out with the scents lol. Hair shampoo and conditioner and shave gel have been okay so far…although that may change any day too, I really take it day by day and sometimes hour by hour. Will make it through!

11/11/10 Update: Still going strong w/ my unscented toiletries. Shampoo and Conditioner and shave gel have yet to be affected thank goodness!

No comments:

Post a Comment