Originally written October 24, 2010 but still relevant ...you know, because this is a 9-10 month journey :)
October 24, 2010
What I’m Reading
I’ve got a few pregnancy books that I’ve either purchased right from the bookstore (they’re keepers), or at a discount at the used bookstore. Plus some magazines that I’ve subscribed to (or am starting to, or have been for a couple of years – what, it’s good to read BEFORE and research BEFORE, so once you’re in it, you can reference, at least that’s my theory but who knows, once this baby pops out, I may forget everything I’ve ever read to prepare myself ha!.
What to Expect When You’re Expecting: AWESOME book, great month to month / weekly updates, plus the index is OUTSTANDING! I just look up words and it directs me to instances where they’d occur in the book! (duh, that’s what an index does)
Your Pregnancy Week by Week: Great illustrations (nice pencil sketches that are totally not what our baby looks like as the lil gray blob on the ultrasound screen but at least I know what’s supposed to be there lol), and a good idea of how the baby is growing, how I am growing, and what all is going on in there, plus some good tips!
Fit Pregnancy Magazine: by far my fave pregnancy magazine! Best articles all about pregnancy and some beyond. Great tips for dealing w/ symptoms, foods, etc. Love this mag! I wish it came out monthly instead of bi-monthly!
Mothering Magazine: this mag is chock full of articles, like TONS of type! They focus on one big issue per issue – cloth diapers one month, babywearing the next, etc. And all articles are about products, real users, etc. Very very informative, it just takes me a while to go through since it is so many articles!
Pregnancy and Newborn Magazine: this one is good, has a lot of ads, but some good articles, but a lot of fluff that I don’t necessarily by (kind of like the wedding mags that promote all these thigns that you don’t really need), but there is some valuable info in there so I continue to read. Plus, they came out w/ a Buying Guide and I think I tagged about every page in there of things that interested me (w/in a budget of course).
Pregnancy Magazine: they tend to feature a pregnant celebrity on the cover each month along with other various articles and tips. Good but also some fluff and things that I’d never be able to afford (or want to, or need to begin with).
Tuesday, November 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment