Monday, November 15, 2010

9 Week Update

Originally written October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010

Shew, we’re at 9 weeks today and still truckin’ along! According to my ‘Your Pregnancy Week by Week’ book, this is the week when the baby starts being able to move its limbs!!! Of course I will not be able to feel it this early, but it’s cool nonetheless! I’m secretly hoping that we will get another sneak peek ultrasound on November 8th if the Doppler isn’t strong enough because I’d love to see how much s/he has grown and to see a lil wiggling
Pretty good week this week – a few days of not feeling so hot and fatigue setting in but I’m getting used to it and try to pull through, and fortunately if the fatigue hits while I’m home, I just lie down on the couch and take a little nap. That happened this morning. I had gotten all cleaned up from breakfast, it was a gorgeous morning, I put on my walking gear, sat down and a wave of tiredness washed over me and I HAD to lie down. So I did, and fell asleep for an hour. Ah I love a nice nap! This is going to be a loooong week of work, 3, 9 hour days and one regular day, but off Friday and Saturday. But those 9 hours I hope don’t wear me out anymore! I’m a tad nervous but I’ll do what I can.
Time for my weekly update:

How far along? 9 weeks today!!!
Total weight gain/loss: still the same, although the Dr’s scale is 4lbs more than the home scale, so I’ll go with the Dr’s scale. At any rate, no change yet.
Maternity clothes? No but some pants fit, while others feel tight, depends on the store / make of the pants I guess. My GAP trouser jeans had to stay unbuttoned yesterday (yay!)
Stretch marks? No
Sleep: still hit or miss – but the best part is, if I do wake up in the night, Lambi is usually curled up RIGHT in the crook of my belly so it’s like he’s protecting his mommy and growing baby, it is SO cute!
Best moment this week: Getting a sneak peek at the baby’s heartbeat on the ultrasound on Tuesday! S/He GREW! Plus, when J called me over to show me that he had signed himself up for weekly pregnancy updates on BabyCenter.com
Movement: No
Food cravings: this has been a tough week when it came to food. Toasted cheese is usually my go-to though. I’m trying to incorporate fruit though. Hoping to get more balanced in a few weeks
Gender: no idea, still flip flopping every day
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: not knowing how I’m going to feel each day – I cherish the good days and try to pull through the not so good days though
What I am looking forward to: November 8, our first OB visit where we should get to HEAR the heartbeat!
Weekly Wisdom: Baby’s heartbeat was 161 on Tuesday, still going strong and that makes us happy as clams!
Milestones: I’m still pregnant

No comments:

Post a Comment