Tuesday, November 16, 2010

Grandparent Tidbits

Originally written October 24, 2010

October 24, 2010
Fun tidbits

This week J pulls me over to the computer (which is my laptop and is currently housed at the end of our kitchen table) and shows me that he has started subscribing to weekly emails from the website Babycenter.com (similar to TheBump.com)! It made me smile! I typically read him things from my books / mags or he finds random things on his own to keep up (he’s very nervous about cooking for me because he ran across some article online about spices being dangerous for the baby), plus he has his own Daddy’s Pregnant Too book that he reads sometimes too. Anyway, it made me feel great that he has his own little weekly email so he knows what’s going on too (not that he wouldn’t anyway but you know what I mean). An excited Papa that’s for sure!

Present day update 11/14/10: J is also a proud subscriber to weekly newsletters from greatdad.com , my little preparer :)

And my Dad – oh how excited is he! If you know my Dad, you can truly imagine his excitement!

His current obsession: babywearing...

specifically the Moby (or similar) wrap baby carrier. It is basically a giant piece of fabric that you can wrap 3498572395 different ways to hold the baby from when s/he is a newborn to a toddler (x lbs I guess). He has been stopping women in the grocery store to ask about them, and one mommy even gave him a demonstration while waiting in line at the deli counter! He texted me to share this info, and he even said he wished he had recorded it on his iPhone. But have no fear, baby wearing is on our radar, so we’re going to sift through the TONS of options (believe me, there are TONS) and find one that suits us.

And my Mom – I think she flips out everytime I send her ultrasound pics, she writes back “OMG! I can’t hardly stand it! This is so amazing!” I have a special file in my email for all Baby H emails that I want to keep for him/her, along with my blog (there is a place you can send your blog and they can turn it into a book – I need to research that a bit more). But that won’t be for a while. Memories are important, especially family memories and this baby is going to be FULL of them

No comments:

Post a Comment