Thursday, November 11, 2010

Our adventure is about to get even GREATER!

If you can believe it! I will just say that dreams do come true -- as cliche as that sounds, it's the best way I can think to describe this:

Our dream to have a family of our own has come true! We have wanted this for so long and we feel so blessed!

Oh, and I won't tell you how many of these tests I took, or how many different brands..okay here's one more...
Oh, and juuust one more since good things happen in 3's right :)



Even the Dollar Store test agrees (two lines = pregnant)!!!

And all of these tests (yes, there were more than 3 but I'll stop embarrassing myself) were taken over a span of days..okay maybe a over a couple of weeks. But you know, we had to be sure, absolutely sure!

And then, we went to the doctor, and got one of these, to be REALLY 100% sure:

Okay I know it's sideways, and a really crappy 'pic of a pic' but it's the best I can do right now lol. The baby's head is on the top/right and the body is on the bottom/left. If that makes any sense. If not, don't worry about it, all you've got to know is that a) there is a baby in ute, b) baby has a heartrate of 160bpm and wasn't afraid to show us the little flicker of the his/her heart on the ultrasound! And there is a little yolk sac (can't see in this pic) that gets nutrients to the baby while the placenta is forming. Shew! Thank goodness all the cheese I've been eating is going to somewhere besides my thighs lol :) Just kidding!

So it's been a long journey...let's start at the beginning, a very good place to start ('Sound of Music' anybody) :)

1 comment: