Sunday, November 14, 2010

Food, In General

Originally written October 17, 2010

October 17, 2010
Food

I never realized how much I loved food and how much food was a big part of my day until I got pregnant and around week 6, started having trouble finding things to eat. Seriously, breakfast, lunch and dinner, all very hard to decide. Forget packing a lunch, I can’t hardly think about food in the morning much less what I want to eat hours later at lunchtime. Fortunately, by the time lunch rolls around, I’m usually famished and while what I could have packed doesn’t seem appealing, a lot of the time a veggie sandwich will sound appealing so that makes me feel good and nutritious!
Dinner: poor J, he loves cooking and experimenting as you know, he has had to basically cook for one for dinners. By that time I’m usually feeling very full and nothing sounds good anymore so I end up with an old standby: toasted cheese. But bless J, he rolls with it, isn’t offended and makes himself what he wants and we still eat together even if I’ve already eaten , we sit together while the other one eats and we say our grace before dinner. Since week 6, things have improved, but it is really touch and go. Some days are great and I can eat 3 meals a day, other days, it’s all about crackers and snacks, and little meals here and there and whatever sounds appealing at the time. Looking forward to when I can join the land of the ‘normal eater’ again that’s for sure. But for now, I’ll take this, it isn’t so bad 

No comments:

Post a Comment