We've enjoyed sleeping in til 8 or so the past few days- I know, the nights of 9 hours of sleep are numbered, may as well take it all in now right ;) We'll adjust don't worry!
So after we got up yesterday (and got another newspaper - wow! When was Black Friday considered a holiday!?), and had some breakfast, and did some computer work at home, we made a quick lunch and headed out...to look for our FIRST Christmas tree!
We didn't get one the first year we were married, I forget why not, but last year we were in the process of moving and everything was in boxes, so finally, this year, we were ready! Finally! Then came the decision of faux tree or real tree. I'm always in favor of a real tree since that's what I've grown up with, but J's alternated between real and faux. For this year, especially since we wanted to get a tree up soon, and will be away for the actual holiday, we decided to get a faux tree. Then later on, maybe we can put it up in our baby's room as a special tree and then have a real one out in our living room - but that's a ways away. I'm just glad we got something yesterday.

My man, carrying our first tree through the parking lot (in addition to carrying it all over Target while we perused the baby aisles and clothing aisles) :)
Anyway, we stopped by Lowe's, checked the styles and prices, a bit much for us there, then tried Target, and loe- and behold, we found a 6 foot, multi-color pre-lit tree for a mere $30!!! I suggested multi-colored lights, J was fine with whichever, but I'm always trying to relive my own childhood, so multi-colored it was :) Then we went to Kohl's and snagged a cute snowman skirt for $15!
After we got the tree, we stopped off at Starbucks (we had a wee bit of a gift card left), and got a frapp (decaf for me), and a white mocha latte for J. Cept they didn't have any seating (shocker), so we enjoyed our treats in the car lol. A date is a date right :)

You can see I was thirsty/hungry, oops :) It was so good! Caramel brulee, decaf, no whip, skim milk (BFF J, remember that lol)
After our pit stop, we went to the mall and I picked up a couple of maternity pants - khaki cords, and a pair of jeans, both decently priced. I ended up returning the Kohl's jeans from the other week (and never buying the Pea in the Pod ones), b/c they were too big - I've learned to trust the sales ladies when they say that you want the pants to fit tight, they stretch and will fall off in a matter of hours if they are to lose - they are right :)
Then we headed home and both fell asleep on the couch watching Alvin and the Chipmunks (after heating up leftovers and having pie), and Lambert ze kitty, fell asleep ON MY LAP! Oh how I wish I had the camera! He slept with me for a good hour! He is always turning over a new leaf that one :) Wow!
ps- the mall, the lowe's, the target, all not too shabby as far as crowds go - although coming from NYC, where it is ALWAYS like Christmas shopping, maybe it was bad, depends on your perception :) We had no problem with it.

No comments:
Post a Comment