Sunday, November 28, 2010

Oh hi second tri!


Welp, we made it to 14 weeks, which is the "official" start of the second trimester! Oh...My...Goodness! I can't believe that a whole trimester is done and gone! I will admit it feels good to not be as tired, and able to eat more decently now though! I think that I got lucky with my appetite and energy coming back between week 13 and 14! Some women either feel crappy the whole time, or it takes a bit longer into 2nd tri to feel better. So, shew! Glad things seem to be on the up and up!

And to celebrate this momentous occasion, we are decorating for Christmas! (More on that later - it will get its own post) :)

Survey Time!

How far along? 14 weeks! Say whhaaaat! Yep! I said it! 2nd tri!
Total weight gain/loss: our scale says I'm up 2 lbs, no complaining here! Keep growing baby!
Maternity clothes? ::looks left, looks right:: yep! I caved. I'm not even obviously showing, but yes, I am in maternity PANTS. They are just SO much more comfortable and fit nicer, makes me happier (she says at a mere 14 weeks) lol.
Stretch marks? No, and I've been using Palmer's Tummy Butter (thanks to J's sis who gave me some the last time we saw her)! Smells great and is so smooth. Weather or not it will really keep stretch marks at bay, time will tell (I doubt it,but at least I can smell nice with my stretch marks right) :)
Sleep: Peeing once a night pretty much every night (and having to move Lambi always makes me sad, but he deals)
Best moment this week: Every morning when I wake up and remember "hey! we're going to have a baby!"
Movement: Nope, but my literature says by the end of the 4th month, but I'm hoping sooner of course - between the growing belly and then the movement that follows, the viability and reality are affirmed and Lord knows I need affirmation (need I remind you how many pregnancy tests I took - okay, I didn't think so :) )
Food cravings: Oh still going strong with the cheese! I've been wanting some caffeine free diet dr pepper for a while but we can only find it in 12 packs and I just can't commit to that many, plus soda isn't good for you anyway. And heaven forbid they sell it in a single serving bottle at a convenience store - us caffeine free/diet folks always getting the shaft lol
Gender: no idea…I flip flop everyday
Labor Signs: No thank goodness!
Belly Button in or out? In
What I miss: I'll be honest, nothing!
What I am looking forward to: Hearing the heartbeat on the Doppler on December 16, our next appointment!
Weekly Wisdom: The little scared voice in my head is getting quieter as my belly gets bigger.
Milestones: I’m still pregnant

1 comment:

  1. Yay for second tri! Congrats, you look so cute and tiny!
    And stretch marks? Not to be evil :) lol, but I didn't get a single one until 34 weeks. And then?
    I got a lot. :(
    Sending "no stretchie" vibes your way.

    ReplyDelete