Sunday, October 10, 2010

My trip to Panera

So if you know me in real life, you know that I adore Panera Bread. I love the greek salad / turkey artichoke combo for lunch. I even bought myself a gift card to Panera at the Kroger so that we could get the gas points (this was J's idea).

I stopped by their for a Friday lunch treat this past week. I figured I'd try something a little different and went with an oldie but goodie...the grilled cheese. Oh how I adore grilled cheese.

First, I go outside to eat (since the weather has gotten warmer it was delightful outside), and sit down at a table in a bit of shade. I see someone smoking down farther on the sidewalk...that bothers me but she puts it out soon after I spotted her. Then I bite into my sandwich....hmm...this tastes a bit like cinnamon....I figure the person who made it must have just sliced through a cinnamon bun and then used the SAME knife to cut my grilled cheese! I don't know about you but organic american cheese and cinnamon don't go well to me. Yech. I continue on with my sandwich (meanwhile texting my BFF J all of this), when I spot another customer coming up wearing a sundress and boots...like totally winter/fall fashion boots. Um a) it's 90 degrees out and b) isn't that contradictaory? Like Uggs with a denim mini-skirt? I don't get it. I wouldn't wear it. But then again, maybe it's fashionable and I'm kinda, not (at least not on the cusp of fashion, I enjoy my classics from Old Navy). So that bothers me.

I finish my lunch, kinda grossed out by the cinnamon grilled cheese but enjoy the apple and pickle and head back to work. Here's to hoping the next trip is a bit smoother, and yummier lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment