So yesterday morning, I'm running early, like 15 minutes early, so proud of myself. And I go to look for my car keys...they are not in my bag...they are not in my pants pocket from my pants the day before...they are not in the ceramic fall leaf on my little prep table ... again, they are not in my bag...I checked all pockets and nooks and crannies. Commence: Freaking Out.
Oh yeah, and the dishwasher is running, and the one (of two) kitchen sinks is about to overflow with nasty water. I stare at the sink, glance at my watch, frantically look for my keys. No avail, not on anything!
Naturally, I call J in a panic, (keep in mind he works in a cubicle and can't exactly talk me off a ledge when everyone around him can hear his every word), so he's trying to calm me down, to no avail. He calls the emergency maintenance people to come check on the sink...when the dishwasher stops it seems to slooooowly start draining, and tells me to just leave a note for the maintenance guy to lock the door back. So I go to work, and am miraculously only 10 minutes late (which I take off from my lunchtime). Get an email from J an hour or so later saying that my keys have been found...in the mailbox...like IN the lock on the mailbox. Apparently I got so interested in the mailcall (really when am I not) that I just left it hanging open with the keys in. Fortunately a nice person in our complex saw them and turned them into
As for the sink and dishwasher...yeah apparently you can't run the garbage disposal (even for a second when you see carrots coming up), while the dishwasher is running. Hmm...now I know. And I've lived all my life w/out a garbage disposal and this one is making me nuts. Clearly it is not a needed device for me. At least in my opinion.
So needless to say, I was a bit out of whack all day at work from the traumatic (stop laughing) morning :)
And now it's Wednesday....is it Friday yet? lol.

No comments:
Post a Comment