Well you know, he always has been awesome, considering he is the most active Dad I know! Triathalons, 50+ mile bike rides, pace lines, you name it, he does it! So great! So healthy! So lucky :)
At any rate, I gave him a call to check in this afternoon since I haven't really talked to him since we left town the other week, and he screams 'I'M TALKING TO YOU ON MY NEW IPHONE 4! HOW DO I SOUND' (and yes, you read that right, ALL CAPS = SCREAMING, because that's how my Dad is, and I love it) :) He sounded great (aside from random fuzziness but that may have been due to location or whatever. He then tells me that since he no longer uses his old iPhone and it is WiFi capable (and has a camera!) that I can use it as an iTouch!
This is the point where I almost fall to the ground while simultaneiously jumping up and down with joy!
So once he deletes all of his stuff from it (it is 16 gigs, would perfectly fir my 6.74 gigs of iTunes on my current iPod) he is going to mail it to me, I can sync it up w/ my iTunes (but not update it since my Aunt promptly told me that if I update his phone w/ the new OS then it will run too slow b/c the phone is "older" and the processor is too small), but I"m totally okay with that! So my plan, sync it up, load my tunes, and get to loading the apps! And I hope that they work. I know there has been some talk about loading apps on an older OS and them not running properly, so we'll see how it goes.
I've already started a list of apps that I want to get - all FREE of course because I refuse to pay for any iTunes or Apps and I've had my iPod for like 3 years and haven't paid for a single song - I love iTunes gift cards :)
So I'm eagerly awaiting the mail call until it comes in and even more anxiously hoping that it works. If anyone has done this before and has some advice, please leave a comment. I think that it should work so long as I enable the WiFi part on the iPhone.
DUDE, tell me this is not an awesome idea! OMG OMG OMG! :)
Thanks Dad - you are an awesome Dad! Love you so much!
Friday, September 17, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment