Thursday, August 26, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Um..WOW, when did it get to be Thursday! This week is flying by! Each day at some point I randomly look around and say 'WOW, WHERE DID THIS DAY JUST GO!' Being busy is a good thing for me, keeps me inspired and focused and moving forward. And again here we stand with another chance to reflect on the good parts of the week (which fortunately for me / us there were many this week)

1- Best Buy: for having computers on sale and having models set up to play with out on the floor - J is closer to deciding which computer to purchase (he's gone from wanting a monitor and external hard drive to just replacing the whole thing because really, with our luck sometimes, the whole thing would go up two weeks after we bought the replacement monitor etc. So hopefully this weekend we can come to a final decision and act on it.

2- Rocky T's birthday yesterday - my little adorable black and white kitty turned 2!! He is growing up so fast and so sooo talkative! If you've ever had a kitty who talks a lot you know what I mean. The little guy can't keep his mouth shut and Lambert is never able to get a word in!

3- My eyesight - hopefully it's not going anywhere anytime soon, but with all of the reading that I do both online and in magazines and books, I am SO thankful for it, even though I need to wear glasses or contacts!

4- Streams of information (Twitter style) - i LOVE it, LOVE it! I enjoy keeping up with things and constantly learning from others and from books and magazines etc.

5- Fulfillment in my career and in my job. I've noticed this a lot lately and may even do a whole separate post on it soon. But I have REALLY been enjoying my work, moreso than usual lately and I honestly think it has a lot to do with the people that I work with and the work environment. So open and accepting and willing to listen to new ideas. It took me 4 years after getting my B.A. to discover what I REALLY want to be 'when I grow up', and then another 4 years to accomplish that, and then 1 year of working up, and this final year-ish of being able to really see what I'm doing and gain experience and absolutely fall in love with it. I feel so blessed to be able to do what I do everyday.

6- J: my forever loving, patient, funny, silly husband. I am thankful for him every day that I wake up next to him and go to sleep next to him. I don't know what I would do without him - even when he runs around like a chicken with its head cut off in the morning, racing against the clock, before he leaves he always stops, thanks me for all of the help I gave him with getting ready (packing lunch, setting out breakfast stuff, etc) and gives me kisses before blasting out the door - at which I scream daily "It's no excuse to drive like a maniac! Please drive safely!" :) (since he is almost always running a tad late)

7- A clean apartment: Oh how I love to clean and see those vacuum tracks when I walk in the door after work on Thursday nights!

8- My BFF J and getting things in order, finally! Her learning and rolling with the punches as she navigates through this thing we call life. It has its ups and downs and schooling and working, but she's pushing through and I am so very proud of her!

9- VACATION! It's coming up soon and I am SOOO excited! Beach, boat, books, family, friends, BRING.IT.ON.! Oh, and some AWESOME food! I've been trying to up my exercise to cancel out all of the eating I will be doing at home :)

What are you thankful for this week? It's almost the weekend and I'm off all weekend, not sure what we'll get into, maybe just lay low in preparation for our vacation but we'll see...there are always adventures to be had :)

No comments:

Post a Comment