Sunday, August 22, 2010

Friday Night Football

So we checked out J's high school's football game on Friday night! Wow, it's been a while since I've been around a) that many teenagers b) at a high school c) at a live football game. In fact, this was our first football game together! *Gasp* I know! We watch a lot of it on tv but don't go to many live games. Hopefully that will change because we had a blast!

We got there a little early (surprising because we were both worried about the traffic), bought our tickets took the shuttle over to the stadium, bought some dinner (hot dog, cheeseburger, chips and soda / water) and found some seats...in the alumni / adult section ::shudder:: I kind of felt...um....old.

We set up shop and the game started. Naturally I was more interested in the cheerleaders, dance team, band, colorguard, and halftime show than I was the actual game. See:

Dance team - They were good but I kinda felt bad that they had to be there the entire game and hand out programs, to only perform 1, 2 minute routine.

Side note: My high school totally didn't have a dance team., but we had cheerleaders and colorguard and band....and a much less elaborate stadium and spirit store (which was only in the school, it didn't travel).


Check out the band...they wear SHORTS! Wow, concept! But, J (and my Mom) reminded me that we are in the south and it gets HOT here...as I well know. Fortunately it wasn't too sweltering for the game!

BFF J, notice the drum major!! That's for you girl :) He's up hiiiigh!

Oh and notice the ELECTRIC BASS GUITAR! What! WOW! Um...we didn't have that at my high school either...and I don't remember having a whole percussion section like these guys do either lol. But it's not about comparing...I keep telling myself that :)


Colorguard and band all together. Some good stuff!!!


Oh yeah and there we are - self portrait courtesy of J :) Decked out in our purple...we blended right in with the crowd!

Unfortunately J's school lost but we had fun nonetheless. Oh, and we each got itallian ices - me lemon, and J creamcicle. Yummmm!

J said that walking through the student section was like going through a giant bait ball - those huuuge balls of fish in the ocean that swarm around in formation. Wild and full of hormones lol.

It was a great night that's for sure! I can't wait to go to more games! And hopefully one of his college football games and get an NFL game in there too!

No comments:

Post a Comment