Or, if it's not one thing it's the other - however the saying goes. Anyway, after the A/C got fixed in our apartment, the A/C blew in my car, and our latest is that the drive belt in the vacuum broke in half! Granted this is a MUCH less expensive ordeal than either a/c (which coincidentally happened to be free due to apt maintenance and our warrenty on the part on the car), so okay, maybe this is the most expensive replacement, but by a mere $5ish bucks. How I cannot properly take care of a vacuum is beyond me. My Granny has bought me several vacuums over the years for my various apartments and yet somehow, I seem to break each and every one of them! The latest was a wedding gift 2 years ago. So I was vacuuming a few weeks ago and it made a funny noise, however I kept going. The next week on my cleaning spree I turned it on and the rotating brush didn't work. So I didn't vacuum. I told J and we put it on our list to look at. A couple (three) weeks-ish passed and I finally sat down with it last night to 'troubleshoot' and oh yeah, the manual is virtually worthless and solving the problem, however in looking over the parts I figured out what to do (shocker I know). In case you don't know me well, I'm not one for manuals or maps - both freak me out and I worry that they have too much lingo that I won't understand. Just ask my friend P who reset the clock in my car all through high school :) But, oh contraire in the case of the vacuum manual :)
So I took a look at it while J made dinner (chicken, potatoes and veggies in case you're wondering), and figured out what needed to be done. Then after dinner J came in for the manual labor portion which involved unscrewing the 6 screws at the bottom of the vacuum to check the belt. Sure enough, it had split - how I have no idea. I vacuum once a week and clean out the filter when it's full.
So we found ourselves on Bissell.com around 8:30 last night searching for a replacement belt. As luck would have it, it appears that Target and Wal*Mart carry the part for a mere $5ish bucks. So you know where we'll be headed tonight - just in time for my Thursday morning cleaning spree lol :)
Oh yeah, and J's computer monitor decided to crap out last night....and I'll save that drama for another post lol. Nothing can be easy right :) At least we've got a sense of humor, sometimes you've just gotta laugh!
Wednesday, August 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment