Wait what...it's already Friday!? Holy moly, where have I been! Work has been busy, and the thought of being on the computer in the evening hasn't been too appealing to me this week, hence my blog neglect ::hangs head in shame::
But, have no fear, I have not forgotten about you guys and keeping you updated!
The main issues this week, well really only one, has been...THE CAR. My car specifically. As you all know the A/C blew out on Tuesday.
sidenote: is has been a gajillion degrees here and a gajillion % humidity on a daily basis
So I was going to take it in on Thursday since I didn't have to be at work until later. However the mechanic was booked that day, so I decided to take it in today, Friday...at 7:30AM so that I could be in and out in a couple of hours.
Well, apparently the car had other ideas. These mechanics are wonderful, there are a ton of them at this one family owned shop and they work so hard! So from 7:30-9:30 the guy looks at the car and figures out that it needs two new parts. They can order them and have them in in 2 hours, great and once they have the parts, it'll take about 2 1/2 hours to install or whatever, so I go home, shower, eat breakfast, and then bring the car back in at 11:30. I packed a couple of snacks and water thinking that I could hold out until 2 for lunch.
I get hungry around 1 and head over to a little deli to get some lunch and I come back around 1:45. The mechanic saw me coming back and said that there may be another part that needs replacing but he was working on it. so I go back in and sit in the lounge (it is air conditioned and I have the tv all to myself, so not too shabby I suppose, however it is my day off)...so at 3:30 I find out that the part that they replaced in April to fix the A/C is bad. So they have to order a new part that will be in on Tuesday. SO, I will go back on Wednesday (my day off next week in addition to Sunday) and hopefully get it fixed. And hopefully at a discounted rate since the original piece they put in there was still under warrenty. Who thought that car ownership could be this crazy (and expensive!). I guess that I have been VERY fortunate with my other cars..my little Eagle Summit had no problems aside from basic oil changes and I drove it into the ground...my Civic, the same deal...ended up selling it when I graduated from college and no real problems. This car, has a mind of its own. But, it is all fixable just rather timely which is normal I suppose. And I am VERY thankful to actually HAVE a car of my own I might add! We had originally thought that we could share a car down here, but with J's job being 30 minutes away and our hours not matching up, it wouldn't have worked out.
So there's that. Onward and upward folks! :)
Friday, July 16, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment