Friday, July 16, 2010

Thankful on....Friday

Go with me here guys :) I worked late last night and the cats broke our nice fruit bowl that my Uncle R got for me a few years ago, so things weren't going as smoothly as I would have liked lol. Sometimes ya just have a full blown bad week I guess. Oh well, here's to next week being better!
At any rate, I'd still like to take the time to reflect on this week and show my thanks because I think it is important to see the good in life despite the bad that sometimes seems to slap you in the face day after day (rain, car, things breaking).
So this week I'm thankful for:

1- Our cats (even though they break stuff and get hair everywhere), they are the most lovable buddies you could ever meet...always wanting attention and purring and being plain ole cute!
2- The mechanics: these guys work SO hard and are so nice that it just makes things that much easier when I have to go into the shop
3- Cheese - and lots of it! J got like 2 blocks, 1 shredded and 2 sliced cheeses at the store the other night and our little cheese drawer in the fridge (yes, we have an entire drawer dedicated to cheese, don't laugh, this is a serious love) is filled up and I love it :) I swear I could eat my weight in cheese! All kinds!
4- My cell phone: I love this new little phone, it is comfortable, it remembers things, it threads text messages from the same person, and just works great (omg I hope I didn't just jinx it!) even though J commented/chuckled about how I only have to charge it once a week since I hardly ever talk on it, mainly text lol. Now that folks, is good battery life :)
5- The peace and quiet of the evening when the cats are purring at our feet and we're all settled in reading our magazines and books before turning out the lights for the night
6- Homemade spaghetti sauce (made with organic beef), I adore cooking together and I think spaghetti is becoming a weekly event in this house, we made it again the other night and it was delicious! Normally we use ground turkey, but J found some organic beef on sale so we gave it a try and boy was it good!
7- Our prayers before every meal that we eat together, where we reflect on the day and count our blessings, it is very important and we've made a habit of it that I am very proud of
8- Skype, it is a wonderful thing! Pulls my brother and my parents and I all together and is so much fun! Makes me feel a little closer to them despite the fact that I'm a plane ride (or a loooong drive) away

Now go out there and have a good weekend! I'll be working on Sunday but off tomorrow and we're headed to the used bookstore ( best place EVER!!!!) :)

No comments:

Post a Comment