Literally and figuratively. It has been randomly down-pouring for the past couple of days, complete with flash flood warnings this morning until noon. Scary but fortunately the times I had to drive to and from work, the sky remained closed and on the way home the sun was shining.And we've not had any flooding issues so very fortunate!
So on my way home today, the A/C in the car blows out - it randomly stops working (it's about 100 degrees mind you) and I smell this burning rubber / burning smell...at first I think it's just in the air, and then I realize it isn't, and then I worry that the car may explode and I may not make it home. In a panic I almost pull over to call J to come get me, but then I figure, the car isn't smoking (that I can see) from the hood or anything, a tire didn't burst, I just think whatever the A/C is connected to blew and that's what caused the smell. I make it home okay, although not despite some weird squeak that has come back to life after a few months. Not the breaks, but something on the driver's side squeaks. They tried to test it last time I took the car to the mechanic but naturally it didn't do it. So I get home, come in the door feeling defeated. And J shows me the Voila! skillet dinner he was about to prepare for us -- he bought it yesterday, and the bag was ALREADY opened! What! So I turn back around, drive to the Publix and exchange it (luckily this was a painless transaction and I didn't even have to do anything with an exchange of funds, just a plain ole swap out. I get home, the All Star game has already started (J has been looking forward to it), and we make dinner, eat (w/ the tv on but at the table, we try to never do this except for special occasions).
So now (assuming I can drive to and from work tomorrow without the car exploding or smoking sans A/C), I will be taking it into the mechanic at 7AM on Thursday and hope that they can fix it before 11 when I have to be at work.
Wow, I feel like a real Debbie Downer this week, but I guess sometimes things go wrong in succession, so maybe this is it for us, and after this week (oh wait, it's only Tuesday!?) things will start to look up. We shall see.
Anywho, I got some great suggestions from you guys for some new ideas, so I look forward to incorporating them into the blog! Keep 'em coming! I love the feedback!
Shew...off to watch the All Star game now. Thanks for listening! Hopefully I didn't put you in a bad mood too!
Tuesday, July 13, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

I ALWAYS think that my car is going to explode. If anything happens in it, my first thought is, "OMG, this it IT."
ReplyDeleteIt never has. Nor have I ever heard of a car that simply exploded for no reason.
Hoping things get better. :)