So as you know we've become regulars at the Farmer's Market - either J goes by himself if I have to work on Saturday, or we go together. Always purchasing tomatoes of all shapes and sizes, some squash, a lone cucumber, garlic (I think we're set on that for.. oh I don't know 2 years) and our latest, sourghum cookies (J picked up a second set of 3 cookies this morning after we fell in love with them and devoured them in 2 days last week) :) All of this wonderful fresh produce has lead to some even more wonderful meals - all which get photographed after being neatly plated by the chef himself (I am merely the sous chef, but I gladly take on my role with pride) :) So without further adeau (I know you all are waiting with baited breath), here are a few of our most recent meals and acquired bounty from the Farmer's Market:
sidenote: J sent me a picture message on my phone of the bounty that he bought today (I love this man)
J in his chef glory / new apron from Williams-Sonoma (Thanks for the gift card Granny! He is spending it very wisely and still has some left on it in fact)
Another purchase using the WS gift card - J's salt keeper (or 'salt house' as I call it). It is adorable and after oiling the top a million times, it is finally ready for use (don't get me started on the oiling process he had to do it for the salt house and some wooden utensils that we have about a million times). The wood lid flips down and it keeps the salt all nice and however salt is to be kept in pristine condition. (Better than the Morton's box huh) :)
The salt house 'in action' at breakfast this morning :
Last night's dinner of PattyPan squash and rice with a wee piece of fresh basil (for presentation but it also tasted delightful)! First time cooking/roasting pattypan and it was REALLY good! Like I was surprised that I liked it - I'm not typically that into squash so it was delightful that I liked it :)
Pattypan and rice with a side of zephyr squash and onions. yummmm! (yes I know, squash overload but it really was delicious and healthy) :)
The full meal (we added a little salad for even MORE color and healthiness). Yeah it's been too hot to walk in the park lately, so we're trying to make up for it by eating healthy (no, we don't have ice cream or popsicles every night, not us!) :) hehe.
And that's the life of a rookie foodie :)
Saturday, July 24, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







Sam has this wooden cutting board that has to have special mineral oil poured on it, and left overnight. The next morning there is oil all over my counter. But he loves to use it, so whatever. He's the cook in our house.
ReplyDeleteYour meal looks amazing!
Hahah! Yeah J is crazy about oiling the wooden spoons etc..he had to oil them at least 6 times before we could use them :) He is the cook in our house too!
ReplyDeleteThank you! It was soooo good! :)