Thursday, July 22, 2010

Thankful Thursday

Wow, it has been a string of bad luck down here the past two weeks. The A/C is still not fixed in the car (at least it's the car and not the apartment), won't be fixed until next week probably Thursday because the mechanics are short this week and I can't get in til next week. I thought I lost my credit card this morning, and instead of exercising this morning I made calls and sat on hold on said calls. And it is a gajillion degrees outside and I sweat through my clothes on a daily basis, and that's just walking to and from the car. But, enough of the bad stuff, Thankful Thursday is a time to reflect on the GOOD things in life, and despite the bad, we did get a few rays of sunshine this week:

1- A GREAT deal on airfare to go home and visit my family and friends in a few weeks!!!! We can't wait to go home and see everyone and go to the beach and eat crabs and shrimp and smith island cake and all the wonderful goodness that comes from living near the ocean :)

2- A husband who has been renamed 'Sherlock J' for finding my credit card AND my contacts (unfortunately the contacts were replaced a couple of months ago) under the couch this evening! I was panic stricken all day and had suspended it this morning. The culprit: two sneaky kitties! Whodathunk!

3- A loving and supportive Mom, Dad - they are truly the greatest parents anyone could ever have and share in my joys and my sorrows and I just don't know what I would do without them.

4- Sweet Pea shower gel / lotion / body spray from Bath & Body Works, sometimes just changing up your daily scent makes things a little brighter - it did the trick for me today and I needed it

5- Being able to take a little vacation for our 2nd anniversary! To a place we've never been and I can't wait to experience for the first time together with my dear sweet husband

6- Best friends, both J and I have some amazing amazing best friends and we rely on you so much to help us through our ups and our downs, and each and every time, you pull through. We are truly blessed to have you in our lives

7- The ladies on a message board that I frequent -you all keep me moving and motivated

8- My lil (who am I kidding, this dude is blubberlicious)  orange kitty Lambert - for coming 'up up' on the bed when I call him every.single.night. He grows and changes everyday, becoming more and more lovable and it makes me smile

What are you thankful for this Thursday!? Remember to take time to reflect, even if you've had a crappy week (or two) like us down here....breathe, count to three, and dig deep...you'll be surprised at the rays of sunshine that may spring up : )

No comments:

Post a Comment