So I left the house 1 time today - at 7:30pm - to go to the grocery store for salad greens, lunch meat and water. After sleeping for 10 hours last night (11pm-9am) - guess I was tired, as was J! We never sleep in and sometimes it really catches up with us. I woke up at 5:45 and almost got up for the day but then decided against it. It was so peaceful and quiet in our house this morning that the sleep was calling my name - Lambi curled up by my legs with his paw over his face snoring away, Rocky sleeping in the desk chair, J peacefully asleep next to me. I love peaceful mornings with no traffic sounds, alarms going off, or sounds of people in other apartments around (our apts are awesome like that, we barely hear anyone around us). So I relished in the peace of the morning and slept in and finally got up at 9am.
I attempted to make pancakes this morning but it was a massive fail due to the poor temperature and heat dispersion on the burner on the stove. So after 2 failed batches, I threw in the towel and we ended up with yogurt with granola and a side of fresh strawberries. Probably healthier. So that was good.
Then I finished up the laundry, straightened up the house, got ready for the day and met with my sister in law to plan a baby shower for J's sister :) We knocked it out in about 30 minutes and I can't wait to get started on my part!
Then (my fave part), J fell asleep watching the Travel Channel while I read my book on the couch. Such a peaceful afternoon!!!
We had pork potatoes carrots and peas in the crock pot for dinner along with the mothership tomato salad and some cornbread. Very good! And the cooking / clean up wasn't too bad! (I love our dishwasher despite the fact that you have to play tetrus to get the dishes in there).
And this evening we had some ice cream and watched 'Next Food Network Star' - can't believe there are only 5 contestants left! So prepping for the week and then book and bed in a few minutes. But I am so thankful for this relaxing Sunday, staying home, resting, reading, and enjoying the day and keeping cool in this heat!
Sunday, July 25, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment