Sunday, July 11, 2010

My Non-Relaxing-Hour at the apartment pool

Hi there!  So after running errands yesterday (but we got Sonic strawberry limeade and a lime slushie to take along), I decided after my walk to get the paper this morning, that I would go relax by the pool, give J time to go through the coupons (what, he loves it and he puts on Food network and has his own coupon clipping party) and read my book. Key word being 'relax'. I get myself slathered in sunblock (haven't really been out since the summer started so gotta protect the skin), pack up my lil pool bag with my book, phone, towel, and jug of pink lemonade (my fave summer beverage!) and walk on over. I get there and am like 'oh look, other young ladies like myself, this is nice, maybe I can make friends). I sit down next to one girl and leave a few chairs between the pack of 3 (soon to be 5) girls further down the row. I start reading my book. The girl to my right lights up a cigarette. The two girls to my left light up cigarettes, turn on their radio, and chatter away while sunning themselves. Now I know it's a public pool and all, but can't you be a tad courteous and maybe smoke over in a corner so us who wish to remain healthy and not inhale secondhand, don't have to try to slyly give you mean looks from two chair down - or one chair over?? So then I get up and move to another row of chairs, by people who seem like maybe they won't smoke...wrong....I sit down not for 10 minutes, and another one RIGHT NEXT TO ME, lights up. I text J that this is not as relaxing as I had envisioned, and I scoop up my stuff and walk home - after being out only an hour. So much for relaxing by the pool. I think that I'll go relax on my own balcony now. I want to read in peace and a smoke free zone thankyouverymuch. UGH.
*end rant*
Thanks for listening, I know this wasn't as uplifting, but I'll get back to that next post. We all have frustrations right?

No comments:

Post a Comment