Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday Morning

It's 7:53am on Saturday morning down here. All is quiet, Rocky is lounging by the bookcase, Lambi is lounging with J, who is still sleeping despite wanting to get up at 6am, chattering on, and then falling back asleep (J, not Lambi) and my cup of (decaf) coffee is sitting next to me. I love the quiet of the morning. It is peaceful and a nice way to ease into the day.
Yesterday was great! Work was good and I finally feel like I'm starting to find my niche. I joined a website where I am able to connect with others in my profession as well as in my area, so I'm hoping that the whole 'let's make friends' part is soon to follow. I've gotta say that is the hardest part about this move. Everything else has been working out well (aside from our big decisions but that is anywhere you go and is part of being an adult)so once I can get some girlfriends and 'couple' friends for J and I, I think that we can say that we are successfully re-established in our life down here.
Not sure what's on tap today (there is always a list - good thing both of us work best off of lists huh), and it may include the Farmers Market, laundry and some other odds and ends, but for now I'm going to sit back, sip my coffee, read my book, and enjoy the glorious morning that I have been given. And you should too :)

No comments:

Post a Comment