Monday, July 12, 2010

Monday Update

So I'm sure you're all wondering how we're doing over here in our lil apartment after the random mini-disasters of yesterday. So here's the breakdown:
1- The bulb over the dining room table that blew yesterday morning (oh, you didn't know that....yeah turned it on first thing yesterday morning and snap, it burnt out) and we were in semi-darkness all evening in an apartment that is already not lit well enough ::runs to research floor lamps online::...that has been replaced - thankfully our maintenance crew replaces odd bulbs
2- The bulb in our laundry room (that I may or may not have left on all night last night) burnt out when I turned it off and then on again this morning - however a quick fix since it was a standard 40 watt bulb, J quickly changed it out after breakfast
3- The garbage disposal that was clogged (by a 1/2 teaspoon I might add - neither of us knowing how it got in there to begin with) - oh you didn't know it was clogged - wow I must have been tired last night -- yeah, so the teaspoon was saved, and the disposal cleared and now working (although we don't use it much, except to clog it up apparently lol).
4- The final shebang: the A/C was fixed!!! Fortunately after I paged the maintenance man yesterday, he said it was okay to turn it back on and just put a cup or a pot under the drip, so we didn't have to go sans A/C for more than a few hours yesterday and not overnight thank goodness

So I came home to a note from the maintenance staff saying they were there and had fixed everything and cleaned up. Joy!!! J got home a bit after me (after a quick grocery run for lunch meats and a few dinner entrees) and we had a fast dinner (salad and a steamer pasta w/ veggies n' chicken dish) and were both exhausted so caught up on the DVR and then came back here to catch up on the computer and read and fall asleep.

Long day, but a good day! How was your day? Did you have any random successions of problems over the weekend like us!? Happens to everyone I guess!

No comments:

Post a Comment