Friday, July 2, 2010

I Love Friday Surprises

So I had to work all day today, like most people...except J...who got out at noon. I was jealous for like a minute and then figured I would survive working the entire day. At any rate, not being sure what his plans were for the afternoon..maybe hitting golfballs with his Dad, having lunch with his Mom, running some errands or checking out a museum, (along with conquer the world which is on the list on a daily basis HA),  I went ahead and made my lunch and headed on in to work. Had a great morning and before I knew it, it was lunchtime. I go to my desk to check my phone before heading to lunch and what do I see..."I'm here! I'm here!" in the little text message box! I run downstairs and there is J, in his orange striped polo and khaki pants and a big grin on his face :) Oh it just made my day!
We went to our fave lunch spot (not necessarily the healthiest but we enjoy it on occasion...okay, twice a month maybe)...Chick-Fil-A! Had a nice little lunch and conversation and then he dropped me back off at work where I had a fine rest of the afternoon - albeit a little slower than I wold have liked, but I'm an anxious person (we all know this, yes) and was willing the clock to strike 5:30.
Then I came home and J was working on some coupons so I got caught up on the DVR, watched Jillian's 'Losing It' show - so inspiring, did I mention I love that woman! And I ended up taking a little pre-dinner nap. And, low and behold, I wake up and J has made us a fabulous homemade spaghetti (with white beans in the sauce) to - die - for - dinner! I was SO appreciative! I honestly had no idea what we would have for dinner since nothing was thawed, but fortunately the Chef had other ideas and executed it all very calmly! Not once during my nap did I hear him yell out "heelp!" or "the water is boiling over", or "get the oven mits, stat!". Not that he does this often, and when he does (and I do too) it is always kind of funny how quickly a meal can come together all at once with ten million things going on and by the end you sit down, blow your hair off your forehead and thank goodness you didn't burn anything lol.
So now it's on for a relaxing evening watching a movie and enjoying our Friday evening together.

2 comments:

  1. How special! We had spaghetti tonight too - only with chicken. Your DH sounds like a great guy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! Yes he is so wonderful! I definitely feel like a lucky girl!

    ReplyDelete