So this Thursday I am celebrating the little things...
I was reading on Twitter that several ladies did a twitter home tour thing on their blogs which was pretty cool to follow along with. So taking a feather from that hat, I am putting my own spin on it - being the little things about or home that I am thankful for this week!
1- The card catalog -- my Mom found this on the side of the road, outside of someone's house so she went up, knocked on the door, made sure it was 'trash' and then took it! It lived at her friend's house for a while before he redecorated and didn't want it anymore. Fortunately he told my Mom and she snagged it back! A few months later, my PopPop stained it and added wheels and gave it to me for Christmas! My most favorite piece of furniture in our apartment - by far!!!
2- Our lil 4 cup coffee makers. Yes, we have two (really we have 4, 2 minis and 2 full sized), because I drink decaf and J drinks regular (like most of America). It makes me happy on Saturday mornings to pad into the kitchen and hit the 'on' button and start my coffee
3- The newly hung cluster of pictures above J's desk that remind us of the great City of Lights where we've both visited but at separate times -- and cute Rocky napping in the chair below
4- Our balcony -- I loooove to sit out here and read and dine and sometimes blog, but mostly sit and enjoy the gorgeous weather and the nice quiet of the evenings
5- Our kitchen table - it is where we say our prayers before every meal....and that makes me very happy...
6- Finally -- our bookshelves - full of literature and cookbooks, and sports books, and chick-lit books, and pictures of family, and polar bear bookends....makes me smile with delight!
So for those of you who haven't been able to visit - there is a little peek at a few things in our apartment that make it our home. And I am thankful for each of these things for the feelings they give me when I look at them or use them everyday :)
Thursday, June 10, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







No comments:
Post a Comment