Friday, June 11, 2010

Beep beep....I mean, Tweet tweet!

Ya hear that .... that sound of squealing brakes and burning rubber ... that's me....joining the world that is Twitter. If you aren't familiar with this web phenomonan, let me explain. It is basically a platform that people can use to talk to eachother and to micro-blog -- all in 140 characters per 'tweet' as they are called.I've done a TON of research about Twitter and was really on the fence for a long time, and in fact dead set against it for a longer time. But then I started peeking in at some of my friends Twitter pages, and low and behold, I started to a) learn things (score!), and b) see the fun and excitement of it all. I enjoy researching a lot and sometimes I find it necessary to not only research things, but, when given the (free) opportunity, to try them out for myself, I jump on it. That way,  if/when the time comes, I am able to you know, have an intellectual conversation about it  and make a truly informed decision. I equate it to back when I finally broke down and read the Twilight books -- got tons of hype, was told by many people to run to the bookstore and read them all back to back to back. So I let the hype die down a bit, and then I read the books -- and I'll be honest I wasn't too impressed. Interesting enough that I read 3 of them (4 is sitting on my bookshelf) but would I go out and recommend it to everyone who crosses my path - no. But that's okay, I tried it out. So that's what I'm doing. My friend L helped get me started and explained about 9 trillion gazillion things to me over the last 24 hours so I think I'm set. I'm excited about potentially meeting fellow bloggers and connecting with old friends, oh and following celebs like my idol, you know her, Jillian Michaels :)
So the little 't' icon over there on the right - feel free to try it on for size if you're on the fence. I'm just sayin', you might be surprised.

No comments:

Post a Comment