Sunday, May 30, 2010

The nuts and bolts of life

The nuts and bolts of life are about going to the grocery store, using a day of your holiday weekend to look for new clothes because you thought you'd dry your pants (on low heat), apparently that was too much and now they are annoyingly tight even though they fit before you dried them (on low heat). About stopping off at the post office, picking out new eyeglasses (and getting one free because of a super deal going on), and swinging by the bank for a deposit and withdrawal of some birthday funds. It's about not having something planned 100% of the time. It's about cherishing those fun few things we do each month, like the rodeo and my birthday dinner, and the few nights a month when we go out to our favorite ice cream parlor. The nuts and bolts of life are learning how to not compare yourself to others in their lives and what they do with their days off. It's about enjoying just being off from work, and getting to be with the one that I love, not about what we do. I need to remind myself of these things periodically -- I tend to think that we need to be going at breakneck speed, blasting through the day, checking things off of our list, when really, it's okay to spend a few hours enjoying morning coffee and making breakfast, and going for a walk in the park, it's not a race to the finish...although sometimes it just seems like there aren't enough hours in the day, but I need to slow down and enjoy each hour that I have been given...

No comments:

Post a Comment