Monday, May 31, 2010

Memorial Day

I can't believe it is Monday night already - being off from work yesterday and today, it feels like a Sunday! I am so thankful to have had the past couple of days off to spend with J. We did a lot of random things like picked out some new glasses for me, attempted to look for new clothes for the both of us (a whole post in itself - later), read our mags and books, and enjoyed a nice home-cooked meal in the crock pot this evening. In figuring out 'what works for us', and in continued efforts to not compare ourselves to others, we enjoyed our little weekend together - especially our dinner tonight :) J got out our wedding china and place-mats and cloth napkins with the napkin rings that my Dad got for us as a housewarming gift and we enjoyed a nice meal together to bring a nice close to our weekend. 

 Aren't these napkin rings cute! The other one was a starfish and we have two more for when we have company!!! Thanks Dad!!!

Oh and those cupcakes that I got for my birthday -- we ate them on Thursday night when I got home from work and boy were they tasty! See....
 That's mine - Birthday Cake Surprise - it is a vanilla cupcake with buttercreme frosting and sprinkles and it was D-IVINE!!! (Although I admit that I scraped off about 3/4 of the icing in order to get to the cupcake and then I went back for a few small bites of icing -- really I could eat the whole thing but I had to restrain myself - I am getting 3 cavities filled in a couple of weeks and I really don't want to add anymore into the mix!
This is J's - Key Lime - a delicious lime/vanilla swirled cupcake with keylime icing and some graham cracker crumbles. Also delightful! And isn't that little gummy lime atop just the cutest thing ever!


I think that my most favorite part of the weekend was sitting out on our balcony last night reading my book. It was very quiet outside and just dark enough that I had the little outside light on. And I sat and read without any time restraints (usually I read on my lunch hour), and it was just glorious.

What was your favorite activity of the long weekend? I hope that everyone had a great one!

1 comment: