Ask anyone who knows me and they'll tell you that I randomly obsess over random things - case and point - tonight's obsession (which has been festering for the past month but somewhat came to fruition tonight). So I've been obsessing with wanting to be able to go online while 'on the go', although the only places I really go are work and home and sometimes other random errands outside of the home (what can I say, we just moved down here, and are readjusting to life and playing catch up which involves a lot of saving money, and enjoying our time together and with family). At any rate, I'd love to be able to do things like update my status on FB while I'm having a stellar cup of ice cream from our town's newest awesome ice cream parlor. Kinda silly, but I think it's neat. (I won't go into my Twitter debate right now, that's a whole other post) -- I also like the idea of being able to be out and be able to look something up on the internet - a phone number, place, whatever. Having it 'at my fingertips' as they say. Plus I like the idea of taking pictures and being able to email them or post them up right away. Just ask my parents, I have no patience sometimes, 'instant gratification' is how my dad refers to it *wave hi dad!*
So this leads me to research the Apple iTouch -- I thought it'd be great! You can load free apps, movies, photos, and surf the 'net, and it's like a 'free' data plan, by free I mean, you just buy the device and then you get free internet but in reality it only works wherever there is free Wi-Fi, which isn't too many places, i.e. I couldn't use the gps or map function while driving down the highway b/c there would probably not be an signal. PLUS, there is not a camera on it which I heard may be on the way but not yet. And that got me to thinking about getting a phone with a data plan (not sure I want to switch cell providers at this point) and the iPhone isn't appealing to me because it doesn't seem to be user friendly (to me - who is used to and adores her EnV2 phone-but isn't good at surfing the net). So maybe a blackberry or some other smartphone would be my best bet? I don't know...I'll be pondering this for a while.
Bottom line: do i NEED these features? Not really, I have a laptop and we have a great internet plan at home and I have access to a computer at work ..do I WANT this .. yes...WHY...because I'm a geek and like to be connected and keep my friends and family updated about what's going on with us down here.
What kind of phone do you have? Do you like it? Is it good for surfing the 'net?
(oh yeah and thanks to my darling husband, and my BFF J for listening to my gripes about this in person and via text - you two are saints!)
Saturday, May 8, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment