Sunday, May 23, 2010

My quest has ended

So those of you that have been following along (wave hi you 3) know about my quest to have 'on the go-mobile access' . My BFF J especially has gotten an earful lately. I've come to peace with the fact that the iTouch is most likely not in my future, and I'm okay with that. However, I'd still like the chance to 'test out' the 'mobile-web'...but with a smartphone...(J has a non-smartphone, but not a dumbphone -ha.ha.ha...and everything looks weird and small on the screen), so a smartphone has the cool bells and whistles and flashy features that make browsing and emailing so enticing (I totally buy into the market - can you tell!)...so I had the brainstorm that come June when I was due for a phone upgrade, that I could upgrade my phone to a smartphone and get the data package for a few months to try it out - then if it turned out that I wasn't using it enough to get my money's worth then I could cancel that part of the plan -- so I call Verizon today to see if that is even possible. Epic fail. Apparently in order to even purchase a smartphone, you have to also purchase the $29.99 data plan with it so you can't have one without the other (sadly). So there goes that brainstorm. Meanwhile, I'm on the phone with customer service I come up with ANOTHER brainstorm, what if I upgrade my phone to a better version of my phone, but not a smartphone per sey, and I get the $29.99 data plan and see if I like it and still have the possibility to remove it -- again, Epic Fail. Apparently for any of the lesser versions of smartphones (that do NOT require the $29.99 data plan), they require a $9.99 plan (which is what J has now)...and the types of phones that require the $9.99 plan aren't as advanced so when you browse or whatever, you don't get the full effect (my parents are probably shaking their heads, or hitting their heads on the desk at this point)...so basically my two brainstorms (apart from the iTouch) are null and void. J told me at dinner that he didn't understand why I was spending so much time and energy on this and he's probably right - but it was something I was interested in and I did a ton of research about it (the most I've done in a while for something for my own interest). I don't either, but I just think it would be a neat thing to have access to (yeah that fell flat). Okay, I'm done for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment