Sunday, May 23, 2010

Our lovely park

Is finally open again! They had a clean up day last weekend and I think they were able to officially open the next day! This is SO exciting for us! The 1 mile paved walking path looks fabulous as does the land around it - plush and green and full of life! We took our first walk on Saturday evening when I got off from work and it felt so great to be out in the sun getting our exercise on! Here are a few pics of it looking so nice on this gorgeous evening!

This is the starting point of our walk

Looking down the path at the beginning

Around the bend


And our 1 mile mark -- that we hit twice this evening! YAY! Granted we're still at a 20 minute mile but we're just getting back into it - I'm convinced that I'm going to get J and I to run the whole thing at some point. He says he hates running, and I hated running back in the day but I trained myself to run a full mile and had never felt better! So we'll see how it goes since it's been nice and warm out. I work a normal week this week coming up so hopefully we can get out at least three times this coming week! Feels SO great to exercise! And it gives us time to chatter on and on and on which is a good thing in a marriage :)

No comments:

Post a Comment