Sunday, May 2, 2010

Got Rain...

Wow! Well we survived what I think is the worst of it down here. Went to bed around 11pm last night with occasional sirens going off and just hoping that we made it through the night. Several hours of wind and rain and thunder later, we woke up to ... more rain. It's been raining off and on all day long and we've been in a state of emergency pretty much all day so we've hunkered down and caught up on reading and the good ole dvr.

A little snack while we caught up on the DVR today :)


The scene from our balcony this afternoon in one of the many downpours -- I think the peony is well watered now! It didn't overflow so that's good!

It's been nice to be home with J all day and literally have no place to go. We went out of the house once to take the trash out and get yesterday's mail and got caught in a downpour! Luckily I had my galoshes on and my raincoat so I didn't get too drenched. J had to change his outfit completely.
I'm wondering what will happen tomorrow - J's office is closed but we're not sure about mine yet...hopefully once the rain stops the water will go down but I have no idea, the pictures we've been seeing on the news look horrendous. We are very fortunate that we and our family here is all okay.

No comments:

Post a Comment