Saturday, May 1, 2010

Flash flood and tornadoes oh my!

Wow, today was a first! Living up north we didn't really have to deal with flash floods and tornadoes! Down south it's a different story! They were calling for heavy rains and all around bad weather this weekend for for the better part of this last week. It had been gorgeous pretty much all week, until today! The storm broke! And boy did it ever! Woke up to torrential rain and by torrential, I mean pants, shoes and socks drenched in the 20 seconds it took me to get to the car! The parking lot was flooded already.
I had to work today so drove in at an average speed of 30mph the whole way. J met me for lunch at 1 and we drove a little way down the street to the Panera and luckily got a close parking spot so we didn't get too drenched going in for lunch. Then I get back to work and not 15 minutes later an alert is sent out to our computers saying that we're closing in 15 minutes due to weather. WOW! I think it was a great decision considering the rain and wind had been horrendous all day and tornado sirens were going off everywhere and flash flood warnings were all over the radio and tv!
I made it home driving veeery slowly and J was already here safe and sound. Almost had J come back to pick me up since I was nervous to drive, but luckily a coworker who lives near me followed me home so I was comfortable with that.
Spent the rest of the day puttering around the apartment - got all of the laundry done and cleaned the whole apt - which needed it - felt like ages since I had last gotten to get a good dusting and wipe down of everything done! Shew! Feels good to go to sleep in a spic n' span home that's for sure!
Wondering what tomorrow holds! Hopefully a break in the rain so we can get out a little bit! You know us, some grocery stores are calling - what -- we've gotta be stocked up for the week :)

No comments:

Post a Comment