Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Happy Easter!

It's Spring!!! My peony plant is starting to bloom! Last year we got about 5 BEAUTIFUL pink peony flowers! I'm waiting with baited breath for the next set of blooms in a few months!

A little late but Happy Easter! I've been meaning to post this since Sunday night but keep getting busy and I'm on my extra hour shift schedule at work this week. I'm off Thurs and Fri so I have to work an extra hour Mon-Weds to make up for the 5 hour shift on Sunday. But, it's only once a month so hey, can't complain right!
We had a great Easter! Woke up and went for a nice walk in the park and then came home and got ready to head over to J's parents house for Easter dinner! We had BBQ!!! J's Mom made mac n' cheese (delish!) and green beans (double delish), and potato salad and J's sister made a wonderful pineapple cake with some vanilla strawberry pudding! Yummmm!
On Sunday morning we were doing our pre-walk stretches and noticed a bird's nest in the tree next to our balcony! I saw the Momma bird with a little piece of shrub in her mouth making the nest! I tried to take a pic but it is a bit blurry and I"m not sure that you can really see the nest.

Oh and on Saturday we spent the day at home working around the apartment. Got one of our bookshelves out in the living room and loaded it up with our favorite novels (and non-fiction books) as well as some more pictures of family. It is feeling more and more like home! I love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment