Sunday, March 28, 2010

Hi there!

Hi! Been a busy week! I worked two weekends ago and on Saturday last weekend so this has been my first free weekend in two weeks. Those weeks where I work the weekend or half of it seem so much longer even though I still get two days off. But this weekend I'm back on track being off and again next weekend, THEN I work a full weekend but THEN I am OFF the next weekend because my family is coming to visit! J and I are so excited to show them around town and to give them a live tour of our apartment! We've worked hard to make it just how we like with things all being organized and getting their own place (and only unpacking what we have a place for) that we can't wait to show it off!
Work has been going great! I taught a class this past week and it went very well! Of course I probably over-prepared but that's typical behavior for me! Everyone learned something so that's good! And I signed up to teach it again in May as well as another one when the classes cycle back in a couple of months!
This weekend has been very nice!
Yesterday J and I went to an outdoor mall that was is about 30 minutes away from our town. It was a gorgeous day and we enjoyed window shopping. Then we met up with J's sister for some ice cream which was fun too!
Then we went exploring at the Super Target about 20 minutes away from our house because really...who doesn't like a Super Target! I see future trips out there for sure! I just can't get enough of the Target!
And today has been a lazy Sunday - I cleaned the apartment and J has been going through coupons and such gearing up for a grocery trip. I'm proud of him - he is doing better with the grocery shopping, only going one or two times a week as needed - it happens that we get stocked up and then inadvertently run out of something like lunch meats and he'll have to make another trip at some point during the week. But so far it's been good :)
We also found a little park near our apt and went out there twice last week and got in a 2 mile walk on the nice paved walkway. It was a great way to get outside and enjoy the day and not be walking on high traffic roads like around our apt complex. The park has a great 1 mile paved walkway that we really enjoy!
Still working on getting us to the indoor pool but the weather hasn't been cooperating too much with a lot of rain and wind,making it very chilly at night. Maybe this week though!
I'm off Fri-Sun this coming week so we may try to take a little road trip to see some friends, but we'll see how the week pans out :)
Sorry no pics this time but we're not doing a lot that is really picture worthy lol!
Til next time! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment