Sunday, February 7, 2010

Long but successful week!

Shew, time has gotten away from me this week! It was a long and busy week at work so needless to say I was very happy when Friday rolled around and I was able to have the weekend to decompress!
We had a wonderful weekend! Friday night we did some more organizing of the 2nd bedroom in addition to relaxing and watching some tv which we hadn't really gotten to do all week since we had one task or another to work on every night of the week pretty much.
Still working on the supplemental life insurance issue, but I got all of the other papers in to the HR department on Thursday last week, so as of Feb 11, we'll both be covered for medical, dental, and vision insurance! YEAH! Love BC/BS for emergencies but it'll be nice to have my own 'real' insurance starting next week that's for sure! Luckily we've not had to use BC/BS since we signed up Jan 1!
Let's see, what else...Saturday we spent the day running errands and cleaning up the apartment in preparation for J's parents to come over for dinner! Our first guests in our new apartment! It was so exciting! I vacuumed (after J had to clean the rotating brush which had a cat and a half and a full human head worth of hair in it!) Now it works like a dream! Love those vacuum marks that's for sure - a feeling of accomplishment. Also cleaned the bathrooms and dusted all of the wood furniture and started our scented candle in the living room.
We cooked a Perdue roaster (in the bag) and it turned out ... EXCELLENT! I was SO pleased! We're still getting used to our electric oven - it cooks fast and hot, so we've learned that we need to turn the temperature down about 15 to 25 degrees, and decrease the cooking time by about 5 to 10 minutes and check on it from there. Seems to be working so far!
We also made rice and green beans in addition to a side salad that were all yummy! And to top it all off, I made double chocolate brownies with a scoop of vanilla ice cream for dessert!

(Insert picture of our delicious meal and dessert here - but the router is still not working so I can't get the camera hooked up)

We had a really lovely time chatting with J's parents! They stayed for several hours and we just kept talking and talking. It was nice to relax in our own apartment and enjoy spending time with our family that's for sure!

Then today we got up and I made breakfast and then we finally got to hang up some of our artwork on the walls! What a difference a few pictures make! The place feels so homey and nice and I feel so proud that we hung the pictures finally! If you know us, you know that every decision can take a long time to make but we really did a great job deciding what picture should go where. I hung the first one and then J had a go and he liked it so much that he hung pretty much the rest of them! It looks lovely (Insert a pic of our pics on the walls). :)

And tonight we're chilling watching the Superbowl and I'm trying to not think about my old career in advertising where a lot of time and money rode in the commercial breaks! Exciting, but I am enjoying what I do now a bit more.

This week is going to be rough schedule-wise. I have to work this weekend so I'm off Thursday and Friday but Mon-Weds are longer hours. Will have to be diligent about getting good night's rest! Back to the SuperBowl!

No comments:

Post a Comment