Friday, January 15, 2010

Shew, what a whirlwind

Wow, I can't believe that it's already Friday! This week has flown by! I've had a GREAT week! Our furniture finally showed up on Tuesday morning and bless hubby for unpacking as much as possible before I got home to ward off my freak outs :) He's been working steady since the stuff arrived along with going on various interviews all week! We are hoping that something comes up soon! I have a good feeling that it will! I've been doing lots of laundry and random unpacking when I get home. Our bedroom and master closet (love it!) is pretty much done, along with our guest bathroom! The kitchen is the hardest part because it is smaller than what we had and if you know us, you know that we have an abundance of kitchen things, so hubby has been unpacking that part a bit slower to make sure that he can organize it all properly - he equates it to working on a jigsaw puzzle. We are hoping to get our couch from my sister-in-law this weekend, need to do some more research on a rental van today though. I'm very impressed with how nicely our furniture all fits in this apartment! I was worried that it would be crammed in, but it seems to look great from what I can tell amidst the boxes. We just got the kitchen table cleared off last night so that's good. And thankfully our guest bedroom can temporarily house some book and dvd / cd boxes while we clear out what's most important right now.
In other news, work is going FABULOUSLY!!!! I'm starting to feel more at home there and more comfortable out on the desk - they tag team working the info desk so there is always a co-worker there for me to bounce questions or ideas off of which is great! The people there are extremely nice and patient as well! A world of difference I tell ya!
I'm making friends with co-workers as well which is fun! I love learning about how this place works and I am still shocked at how quiet and calm it is there! Very different. I am so appreciative! I go home feeling calm and ready to tackle whatever project is ahead for me at home - this week has been unpacking.
I also had a great dinner out with my PM ladies last night! I love having alum chapters everywhere! The ladies seemed great and I can't wait to meet up again! PM was my main outlet for friends up north and it really paid off - a shame it took me about 2 years to find them back then lol. Miss you guys!!!!
I need to get ready to go to work now so I'll try to write more later - sorry for the lag in my postings, this week really got away from me! Once we get this apt up and running, I'll take some pics to post :) Oh yeah and we need to set up the router so that I can get on my computer at some point - still working on placement of all of that at this time though.
Oh yeah and my commute is about 10 minutes! WHAT! It's awesome! More later!

No comments:

Post a Comment