WOW! I had a GREAT day today! First really great day in a loooong time!
Despite the fact that our movers hit yet another snag and didn't make it today (we were told by 7am tomorrow morning for sure this time), Work was WONDERFUL!!!!
I got up at about 5:45 to be ready for 7am movers and to leave for work by 7:30 and had enough time after I was ready to run out and get hubby and I some coffee. Can't go without my coffee even though it is decaf :) Some of us just like the taste.
At any rate, I left by 7:30 and was there by about 7:40! WHAT! I started the day at the county office for my 2 hour orientation where HR went over my various and awesome benefits! Then I went to work where I was given the grand tour, and when I say grand tour, I mean grand tour! This place is immaculate! A large beautiful building full of an incredibly welcoming and nice staff! I was so impressed with the professionalism and of how happy everyone was that I was working there!! Such a great feeling! There was even a little poster on my desk that a co-worker made that said "Welcome Erin, We are so glad that you are here!!". Wow :)
Not that it was culture shock so much as my place of work being used and respected by everyone as it should be all the time! Very different from before! I was just in awe with everything! I have a beautiful desk that is clean and that I don't share with anyone, and my own computer and the IT people got me all set up immediately with my various accounts!
I spent the day going over various policies and procedures and spending some time at the desk seeing how it is out on the floor. Everyone is just so great and so helpful and really enjoy being at their work. Such a welcomed change for me on so many levels!
Then at 5pm I got in the car and was home in 15 minutes! I came home, heated up some dinner, did a load of laundry, cleaned up, prepped for tomorrow and watched some tv for a while! And it STILL isn't bedtime! I love having all of this time!
Hopefully our stuff will really come tomorrow so that we can get unpacked and even more settled in instead of lounging in our camp chairs or on the floor haha!
Oh and hubby said that Lambert almost came up on his lap a couple of times today! So exciting! This move is really affecting Lambert and is making him so much more affectionate! It is so refreshing!
On to more adventures tomorrow!
Forgot to get hubby to take my first day picture :( Maybe I'll snag a 2nd day picture tomorrow :)
Monday, January 11, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment