Saturday, January 30, 2010

First Official Snow Day!

Due to the big snow on Friday, the roads were pretty bad all around so they closed work today AND tomorrow. I think it was a great idea considering I walked across the parking lot this afternoon (on my one outing outside of the apt today) and practically slid to the leasing office to pay our rent and to get the mail! The parking lot was a sheet of ice, the cars were frozen, and the little road running around the complex was slushy and quasi-frozen. It was overcast and really cold today so nothing had a chance to warm up or melt.
It was my first full weekend to work and the snow got me off the whole weekend, so I've been off for 4 days. It has really been great to get the extra time so close to starting work and to moving here - we got a lot done in the 2nd bedroom (it's a work in progress) today and got some books on the bookshelves and some dvds in the drawers in the tv stand. Also made some chili and cornbread for dinner that was delicious. And some muffins and eggs for breakfast. AND I jumped in headfirst with my Jillian Michael's workout! Needless to say I was sore from the puny Denise Austin workout from yesterday - that's what I get for not working out for at least 2 months right! But it felt great today, a whole hour of weights and ab work and I felt so strong and accomplished afterward! Hopefully I can do it again tomorrow! I will not let the soreness get me down! No pain no gain right!
We may try to venture out to the store tomorrow - are in need of some kitty litter for our two furry babies (who enjoyed napping all.day.long. today :) ) And some basic staples for the kitchen. Hopefully some places will be open so that we can make a quick run.
I took another nap on the couch today - that seems to be the spot in the afternoon, I sit down to read or watch some tv and my eyes just shut.
J worked very hard with organizing various books and dvds and only unpacking what we'll use - which means we have a guest closet full of boxes (but better them there than out in the room or in storage where it'd cost us every month).
So not a lot really going on down here but we are certainly enjoying the more relaxing lifestyle that this move has allowed us to have!
I hear that they got at least a foot of snow at home so I'm hoping that everyone is safe and sound and warm in their houses enjoying the time at home together with family!

No comments:

Post a Comment