I hope that I never forget this day
It all started at about 12:40 midnight last night when LC woke up crying and could only be comforted by being rocked into a deep enough sleep that he stayed asleep when you put him back in the crib. J and I took turns, from 12:40-2:00am rocking and shushing and soothing our sweet baby boy. We stayed up with eachother, sitting on the floor, waiting, hoping, that our sweet baby would go back to a restful sleep.
Finally at 2am he went to sleep - and then came along 5;09am, and more fits of crying, but as I watched on the monitor I saw that he was trying to sleep through it, so I laid, and watched, and drifted in and out of sleep.
At 5:50am he was definetaly awake and upset.
I got out of bed, feeling like a hardly had an ounce of milk to offer my sweet baby for his favorite time of the day.
Picked him up, and sat in the glider and nursed my baby boy. Making just enough milk for him to be satisfied and fall asleep in my arms....for an HOUR!
Never have I felt so blessed to have chose breastfeeding, and having such an amazing baby boy who took to it, and still needs his Mommy despite the fact that we are winding down this little portion of our relationship.
When he woke up around 6:50 it was clear that we were all 3 going to be late to work and daycare and since LC had been having fitful sleep for the past 3 nights, with crying out, having to be rocked to sleep, snotty nose, and a bad diaper rash (that likely dissipated thanks to diaper cream over 3 days), we decided to call the pediatrician.
We played in the morning, J and I taking turns showering and getting ready for work. We went as a family to the pediatrician.
Turns out, our sweet LC has hand, foot & mouth disease. Don't panic though, it's basically like when an adult gets a cold. So just a virus that needs lots of cuddles, TLC and some baby tylenol to help run its course.
Off we went home and J went to work.
LC took a nap like a champ (after pooping the big one beforehand, that sidetracked us a bit), for an hour. I slept on the couch at the same time.
We woke up, had our lunch together :) I love dining with my sweet boy! Having a bite of my sandwich, handing him a cube of cheese, having some potato chips, handing him a cube of fruit. Sipping my water from a bottle, sipping his water through a straw.
Once we were finished with lunch, we played for a bit, Skyped with Grandpa and then took a walk down to the pool at our apartment complex.
It is super hot down here now so it is a great day for the pool. We dangled our toes in the water, kicked and splashed. And then I thought, wow, nobody is here, why don't we go home, hop in our trunks, and go swimming for real!
So we walked up the big hill sweating profusely, came home, doned the swim diaper, rash guard, and crabby swimsuit, and me in my "new" (last year's JCrew tankini from when I was barely un-pregnant) bathing suit, packed a couple of towels, and down we went!
My little boy LOVES the water! But it was my first time swimming with him. we kicked, we splashed, we put our faces in the water, we held on to the side and to the ladder all by ourselves! We went under water and didn't even blink an eye.
We swam.
Just me and my little boy.
And it was the most fun I've had just us two in a long time. We don't get a lot of time just us anymore, so this was a special treat.
Then we came home, I gave him a bath, read a story, and off for naps it was. I hopped in the shower and when I came out, my little baby was curled up, sound asleep in just his diaper and t-shirt.
What a day...the best day....just me, and my little boy.
And I didn't take a single picture...my mind's eye :)
Monday, June 4, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment