Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Sometimes A Mamma Needs Time Too

Today I shrugged on my work pants and sweater when I really wanted to put on my jeans, tank top, and flip flops.

I tucked my Nook in my work bag when I really wanted to cuddle up on the couch, and read it.

I pulled pop tarts out of the pantry instead of making a breakfast sandwich because it was either, be on time to work, or be 5 to 10 minutes late to "enjoy" a nice/rushed  breakfast.

I ate my pop tarts in the car on the way to work.

It took me a little longer to get LC to daycare and get home than normal this morning. He was fussy, and didn't want his oatmeal, and then spit up so we had an outfit change right before leaving the house.

He was still tired even though he woke up on his own at 6:15 like he always does.

It took him an hour to get to sleep last night because of we don't know what - I nursed him 3 times, and got bit several time, but shrugged it off knowing he didn't do it intentionally and that he was an overtired, cranky little baby that just needed love and milk. J rocked him for 30 minutes, and finally he fell asleep and slept all night.

We didn't eat dinner until 9:15pm.

I ate, and went to bed and read my book until I couldn't keep my eyes open - lately it's about 15 minutes.

I just want to sit and read my book when my eyes won't close on me.

I just want to see a movie by myself at 11am on a Tuesday morning.

I just want to sit in the silence of my apartment, letting my thoughts flow, and type, and read, and not be connected to the pump while multi-tasking all of the time.

Sometimes a mamma just needs a day.

Today is not mine.




No comments:

Post a Comment